Sunday, January 21, 2007

Saint Seiya

One of my all-time favourite comic is Saint Seiya. Saint Seiya (聖闘士星矢 or The Knight of Zodiac) is a story about the five boys who have a fate becoming a Saint. These boys have a reponsiblity to protect the girl named "Kido Saori", the reincarnation of Athena (the Greek patron goddess of wisdom, art, and military strategy), and fighting to defend her in the Sacred Wars.

Saint Seiya was originally authored by Masami Kurumada as a Manga. It was released 28 volumes. The series consist of 3 main parts, Sanctuary, Poseidon, and Hades. Although Saint Seiya was end at the Hades Chapter for a long time, it's still in everyone's memory. So it begins 3 new chapters recently year, The Saint Seiya Episode G, Saint Seiya Next Dimension, and Saint Seiya - The Lost Canvas.

Besides, Saint Seiya was created as a TV animation or Anime. The TV series has a new part not included in Manga, The Asgard. The TV series were end at Poseidon. More than 10 years of waiting, Saint Seiya continues its story with the Hades Saga as an OVA on November 2002 until now.

This is my all-time favourite japanese comic and I think Saint Seiya would be one of the favourite comic of many people as the same age as mine. Not only the comic, but I'm also interested in Saint Seiya's Collection. For the Saint Seiya, only one topic is not enought for sure because this is my most favourite (as I mention for many times). I will tell you more about this later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I prefer "Sailor Moon". Best costume